Sunday, March 6, 2011

EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP

This weekend I have watched Exit Through the Gift Shop, which is a Documentary basically about a French man who lives in L.A filming all these underground graffiti artists in parts of the U.S. and parts of Europe. I thought this Documentary was awesome, I loved it. The art that these artist have made just on our sidewalks is amazing. One of the most famous Street artists is Banksy. In the Documentary he was kept anonymous because he does not want anyone to know who he is. This documentary does show a big messege. Art can be looked at in different ways. Graffiti is not vandalism, its another way of one expressing them selves. Graffiti is Art.


One thing that has caught my attention was when Banksy took a trip to Israel and Graffitied on the Palestine's side of the West Bank Barrier. I cannot believe he had enough guts to go to the terrorist territory and do such a thing, I was impressed. What I found more impressive was the art that he was putting on the wall. They are extremely symbolic. He was obviously trying to send a message. 


These are some of the things he has done on the wall, what do you think they meant?




Cut it outEscapismUnwelcome interventionWindow on the West BankStable conditions

1 comment:

  1. Excellent film, excellent post topic. I don't think your links work - double check on that, and I would like to see more depth in your writing.

    In my neighborhood, there are tons of Space Invader's pieces hidden away. I love discovering them.

    Grade: 3

    ReplyDelete